Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
How to remake unset jam or jelly.
Make and share this Remake Directions for Jam or Jelly recipe from Food.com.
- How To Measure Precisely:
- To get exact level cup measures of sugar, spoon sugar into dry metal or plastic measuring cups, then level by scraping excess sugar from top of cup with a straight-edged knife.
- CERTO Remake Directions for Cooked Jam or Jelly:.
- PREPARE JARS:.
- Boil a jar on rack in large pot filled with water 10 minutes.
- Place a flat lid in saucepan with water. Bring to boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Let jar and lid stand in hot water until ready to fill with Trial Batch.
- Drain well before filling.
- Repeat this procedure with jars needed for remainder of batch.
- PREPARE TRIAL BATCH:.
- 1 cup your jam or jelly
- 3 tablespoons sugar.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons CERTO Fruit Pectin
- Measure jam or jelly into small (1-quart) saucepan.
- Bring mixture to full rolling boil(a boil that doesn't stop bubbling when stirred). Prepare remainder of batch.
- Do not try to remake more than 8 cups of jam or jelly at one time.
- If Trial Batch sets satisfactorily, follow recipe above, using the listed measures of sugar, lemon juice and CERTO Fruit Pectin for EACH 1 cup of jam or jelly.
- For convenience in measuring larger amounts of sugar, lemon juice and CERTO:.
- 3 teaspoons = 1 tablespoon.
- 8 tablespoons = 1/2 cup.
- 16 tablespoons = 1 cup.
- If your jam or jelly still doesn't set, you can always use it as a garnish or sauce.