1/2 Photos of Rellenos De Papa (Stuffed Mashed Potatoes)
I found this one at a Puerto Rican website (El Boricua.com) when I was not able to get a hold of GMa to tell me how to make them. :) It makes the process way much simple than the traditional. Yummy yummy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring water to a boil and remove from heat.
- 2Add margarine, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and milk. Stir until the margarine is melted.
- 3Add the potato flakes. The mixture should be pretty thick and dry.
- 4Add a slightly beaten egg and mix well.
- 5Let the potatoes sit to cool down.
- 6Divide potato mixture into 6 balls.
- 7Sprinkle corn starch on one hand and carefully spread one of the potato balls on your hand pushing down in the middle.
- 8Place a tablespoon of prepared picadillo in the middle carefully folding the sides over the meat until it is completely sealed.
- 9Roll the stuffed balls in corn starch - this will help keep the mixture together during frying.
- 10Fry over medium-high heat until golden.
- 11Note: all purpose flour can be used instead of cornstarch.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rellenos De Papa (Stuffed Mashed Potatoes)
Serving Size: 1 (226 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 7
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 384.0
- Calories from Fat 208
- Total Fat 23.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 79.1 mg
- Sodium 233.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 16.5 g