Recipe by Vseward (Chef~V)
Crunchy, fruity, buttery and chocolaty, relish these scrumptious bars with a cup of coffee or big glass of milk. You can use any kind of jam, or even cranberry relish, in the center. Oats and whole-wheat flour add fiber, and the nuts add heart-healthy unsaturated fats.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups quick oats
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened and cut into small pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups raspberry jam
- 1 (12 ounce) bag white chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F Coat a 13 x 9-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flours, oats, salt and sugar. Add butter and combine until large crumbs form. Reserve half of crumb mixture.
- Press remaining crumbs on bottom of pan. Spread jam almost to edges of crust. Sprinkle chocolate chips, reserved crumb mixture and macadamia nuts on top.
- Bake 30 minutes, covering top with foil for last 10 minutes, until golden brown. Cool on wire rack. Remove from pan and cut into 36 bars.