Recipe by lauralie41
My DH loves deviled eggs and would enjoy the addition of chopped ham. I have always liked dill relish in mine so this will be a winner for us. Recipe from Pillsbury's website. Prep time includes standing time.
Top Review by twissis
Made as written for the Culinary Quest 2014 Family Picks & the Agents of QUEST - My DH says that introducing him to deviled eggs in the US was 1 of the main reasons he married me, so I welcome all new ways to remind him of that. I had 2 choices of ham to use, but only 1 clear choice. I had the paper thin deli-style ham that tastes artificial & drenched in water, but I also had a freshly-cooked Bayonne ham I was going to slice into ham steaks & freeze for spec breakfasts. It was a no-brainer & the eggs were so special using the Bayonne ham. We had them w/dinner last night & he put the leftovers on the top shelf of our tall fridge where only he could reach them (his way of claiming them for himself). They had already begun to disappear this morning. Thx for sharing this recipe w/us.
- 6 eggs
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle relish
- pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup cooked ham, finely chopped
- paprika, garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan place eggs in a single layer. Adding enough water to cover eggs by one inch bring water to a boil. As soon as water is boiling remove from heat, cover saucepan, and let stand 15 minutes. Drain, rinse eggs with cold water and place in a bowl of ice water. Let eggs stand for 10 minutes than drain.
- Remove eggs from water and peel. Cut lengthwise in half and remove the yolks placing them in a medium bowl. Mash yolks until smooth and add mayonnaise and mustard, blend well. Mix in relish, pepper and ham until well combined. Gently spoon mixture into egg white halves and sprinkle each with paprika. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until serving time.