Recipe by nesbitt929
A friend gave me this recipe years ago. She got it from a cookbook but, I don't know which one. I use to give it at Christmas because everyone asked for it. It can be as hot or mild as you like. It is good with a bag of nacho chips or on whatever you wish.
- 6 -7 lbs onions
- 1 lb jalapeno pepper
- 1 gallon catsup
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 cups vinegar
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 3 tablespoons allspice
Directions See How It's Made
- Grind peppers and onions together.
- with 1/2 cup water in large pot bring to a boil.
- Add the catsup, sugar, and vinegar. Bring to boil again.
- Add allspice and salt to taste (I start out with 2 T allspice and 3 T salt and I add both as needed).
- Bring to boil again.
- Put into 1 pint jars and seal. Process in hot water bath 20 minutes.