Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
My Grandma Jean got this recipe at a Relief Society activity she attended. I have not yet tried it but Grandma liked it.
- 1 gallon apple cider
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons whole cloves
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 -4 cinnamon sticks
- 1 teaspoon whole allspice
- 2 teaspoons whole nutmegs, cracked
- Add whole cloves, allspice, and nutmeg to a spice bag or tie in cheese cloth. Add to cider.
- Stir in salt, cinnamon sticks, and brown sugar.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 1 hour or put in large crock pot and let simmer most of the day.
This is very lovely. I reduced to 1 serving and used turbinado sugar and ground allspice (didn't have whole). Thanks for the recipe!