Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
The oil found in orange rind is very beneficial when used cosmetically.It cleanses and smooths the skin due to its anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties.It's even said to be an aphrodisiac.Rosemary is good for toning the skin,,aiding respiratory problems ,and pain relief.It has a high percentage of camphor,good for soothing sore muscles.Both are said to have relaxing scents,good to use as stress relievers and anti-depressants in aroma therapy.
- Peel oranges and lemon.I like to peel them in a spiral so that each rind stays in one whole piece,and then cut each spiral lengthwise into 3 or 4 thinner spirals.You can peel them any way you like.Don't bother with removing the white pith,since you won't be eating this anyway.
- Bring water,rosemary,and citrus rinds to a rolling boil.
- Reduce heat slightly and let boil gently for 1 hour.
- Turn off heat and let steep 30 minutes-1 hour.
- Pour into your bathwater and relax!
I felt relaxed and comfortable in this. It's nice except it was bright orange-yellow from the peels. I hope that doesn't mean they contained added colour! I did not use organic citrus fruits. DH came home a few hours later and said it smelled different in our home, not a complement but not a very bad thing either. I would say do this when you have the day alone, you need the time to make it anyways and then the time to relax. Made for PAC (Pick A Chef) Spring 2011.