1/2 Photos of (Relatively) Healthy Cinnamon Buns
1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 20 mins
Found these on weightwatchers.com---they are wonderful! You'd never know they're healthy....(prep time is rising time for the dough).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 236.59 ml nonfat milk
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml table salt
- 14.79 ml yeast, about 1 package
- 591.47 ml all-purpose flour, sifted, divided
- 59.14 ml unpacked brown sugar
- 59.14 ml dark corn syrup
- 9.85 ml ground cinnamon
- 0.59 ml ground nutmeg
- 4.92 ml orange zest, grated
- 59.14 ml raisins or 59.14 ml dried cherries or 59.14 ml cranberries
- 1Stir together milk, vegetable oil, sugar and salt in a small saucepan.
- 2Heat to lukewarm.
- 3Pour yeast over 2 tablespoons lukewarm water and let sit 5 minutes.
- 4Stir into milk mixture.
- 5Transfer warm milk to a large mixing bowl and beat in half the flour by hand or with an electric mixer.
- 6Mix in enough remaining flour to make a soft dough.
- 7Let rest 10 minutes; knead well on a floured board or with an electric mixer and dough hook; let rest 10 minutes.
- 8Spray a large, clean bowl with cooking spray, add dough, cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 9Lightly coat a 9-inch round baking pan with cooking spray.
- 10Turn the dough onto a floured surface and roll into a 12 x 10-inch rectangle.
- 11Spray with cooking spray.
- 12Stir together brown sugar, corn syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg and orange zest; brush over dough.
- 13Sprinkle with raisins.
- 14Roll up tightly, like a jelly roll.
- 15Cut into 12 pieces.
- 16Place buns cut-side up in baking pan.
- 17Cover with plastic and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 18Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 19Bake buns until firm and nicely browned on top, 30 minutes.
- 20Cool completely before inverting onto a serving plate.
- 21No guilt!
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for (Relatively) Healthy Cinnamon Buns
Serving Size: 1 (782 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 166.4
- Calories from Fat 13
- Total Fat 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.4 mg
- Sodium 215.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 10.2 g
- Protein 3.9 g