Prep1 hr 20 mins
Found these on weightwatchers.com---they are wonderful! You'd never know they're healthy....(prep time is rising time for the dough).
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 1 tablespoon yeast, about 1 package
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted, divided
- 1⁄4 cup unpacked brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup dark corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon orange zest, grated
- 1⁄4 cup raisins or 1⁄4 cup dried cherries or 1⁄4 cup cranberries
- Stir together milk, vegetable oil, sugar and salt in a small saucepan.
- Heat to lukewarm.
- Pour yeast over 2 tablespoons lukewarm water and let sit 5 minutes.
- Stir into milk mixture.
- Transfer warm milk to a large mixing bowl and beat in half the flour by hand or with an electric mixer.
- Mix in enough remaining flour to make a soft dough.
- Let rest 10 minutes; knead well on a floured board or with an electric mixer and dough hook; let rest 10 minutes.
- Spray a large, clean bowl with cooking spray, add dough, cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Lightly coat a 9-inch round baking pan with cooking spray.
- Turn the dough onto a floured surface and roll into a 12 x 10-inch rectangle.
- Spray with cooking spray.
- Stir together brown sugar, corn syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg and orange zest; brush over dough.
- Sprinkle with raisins.
- Roll up tightly, like a jelly roll.
- Cut into 12 pieces.
- Place buns cut-side up in baking pan.
- Cover with plastic and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bake buns until firm and nicely browned on top, 30 minutes.
- Cool completely before inverting onto a serving plate.
- No guilt!