Chef #183236's Note:
mmmmmmmmm Salad. One of my favorite foods. Salads are traditionally low calorie, low fat, low sugar, etc... it's what you put ON the salad that makes it soooo wonderfully tasty and fattening too. This salad is fantastic year round and is very easy on the hips. As with any dressing, the more oil and oil products you use to make it with the more fattening it is... this is one very light and very delicious salad with dressing you'll love. This is a big salad and can be altered to make a smaller salad, but don't forget you can always enjoy the leftovers tomorrow.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Salad be sure to wash clean and dry all veggies
- 1 cup iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup romaine lettuce
- 1 -2 cup grape tomatoes
- 2 stalks dark green celery, cleaned and diced (the greener the vegetable skins the more nutritous the veggie)
- 1 -2 cup cleaned raw spinach
- 1 cup cleaned cauliflower
- 1 cup cleaned broccoli
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley sprig, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1Combine all vegetable ingredients.
- 2Toss in a large bowl, mixing well.
- 3Cover and place in the refrigerator.
- 4Do not place dressing on greens until seconds prior to serving.
- 5To make the dressing:.
- 6Combine everything in the blender except the grapes.
- 7Once you have juiced the grapes, discard the pulp and add the grape juice to the blender mixture.
- 8Pulse on low for about 30 seconds.
- 9Refrigerate until seconds prior to use, then lightly drizzle over entire bowl of greens, mixing well.
- 10Serve in individual bowls.
- 11If the dressing is too tart for individual tastes offer a litte Splenda sprinkled over the top to counteract the acidity.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rejuvenation Salad
Serving Size: 1 (278 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 23.3
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 20.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 1.0 g