Recipe by bluekrystal_2000
mmmmmmmmm Salad. One of my favorite foods. Salads are traditionally low calorie, low fat, low sugar, etc... it's what you put ON the salad that makes it soooo wonderfully tasty and fattening too. This salad is fantastic year round and is very easy on the hips. As with any dressing, the more oil and oil products you use to make it with the more fattening it is... this is one very light and very delicious salad with dressing you'll love. This is a big salad and can be altered to make a smaller salad, but don't forget you can always enjoy the leftovers tomorrow.
Salad be sure to wash clean and dry all veggies
- 1 cup iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup romaine lettuce
- 1 -2 cup grape tomatoes
- 2 stalks dark green celery, cleaned and diced (the greener the vegetable skins the more nutritous the veggie)
- 1 -2 cup cleaned raw spinach
- 1 cup cleaned cauliflower
- 1 cup cleaned broccoli
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley sprig, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 whole lemon, juice of
- 1 whole lime, juice of
- 3 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 3 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 20 green grapes, mashed and juiced,discard pulp
- cracked peppercorn
- 1 tablespoon plain low-fat yogurt
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all vegetable ingredients.
- Toss in a large bowl, mixing well.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator.
- Do not place dressing on greens until seconds prior to serving.
- To make the dressing:.
- Combine everything in the blender except the grapes.
- Once you have juiced the grapes, discard the pulp and add the grape juice to the blender mixture.
- Pulse on low for about 30 seconds.
- Refrigerate until seconds prior to use, then lightly drizzle over entire bowl of greens, mixing well.
- Serve in individual bowls.
- If the dressing is too tart for individual tastes offer a litte Splenda sprinkled over the top to counteract the acidity.