Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is my father-in-laws recipe. My husband has raved about it since we got married and so I thought I would share it.
- 1⁄2 lb medium sharp cheddar, grated
- 1⁄2 lb spicy bulk sausage
- 1 1⁄2 cups biscuit mix
- 15 small jalapeno peppers, deveined and seeded
- 1⁄2 lb monterey jack cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 (6 ounce) box Shake-n-Bake for pork
- Mix grated cheese with sausage.
- Combine with biscuit mix and set aside.
- Slit peppers-remove seeds and stuff with Monterrey Jack cheese.
- Flatten biscuit mixture like pancake and wrap around peppers sealing edges.
- Dip in beaten eggs.
- Roll in Shake-n-Bake and place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake at 300 for 30-35 minute.
Picked this for Pick a Chef 2006 -- I made this as an appetizer for dinner last night, and DH was thrilled! We used to get the poppers at Longhorn Steakhouse before they stopped making them, which DH was so bummed about. His eyes lit up when he bit into one of these, because they reminded him of the Longhorn ones. We'll definitely be having these again. Thanks for posting!