Recipe by Coasty
A flourless chocolate cake, with a crumbly texture. Wonderful served with a strawberry coulis or sliced strawberries and strong short coffee
- 125 g dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon espresso coffee
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 100 g unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup caster sugar
- 3⁄4 cup almond meal
- 3 eggs, separated
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat ovent to 160°C.
- Butter an 18cm springform tin and line with baking paper.
- Place chocolate, coffee and brandy in a bowl over simmering water and melt chocolate. Once melted stir together adding the chopped softened butter. Add almond meal and stir well.
- Remove bowl from the heat.
- Lightly beat the egg yolks and stir into the chocolate mixture.
- Beat the egg whites to soft peak. Lighten chocolate mixture with a spoon of the egg whites, then fold in the remaining egg whites.
- Pour into prepared tin.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until the cake is firm at the edges and slightly soft in the centre.
- Cool completely in the tin before sliding onto serving plate.
- Dust with the icing sugar.