Recipe by lazyme
This is a fun make-ahead snack mix for the holidays. Especially kid-friendly. The dictionary doesn't recognize Bugles, so the second ingredient should read Bugles nacho-cheese flavored corn snack mix.
Top Review by Muffin Goddess
I was originally planning to make your Bailey's Brownies, but I realized that DH and I were positively buried in leftover holiday sweets, so I opted for this savory recipe instead. I'm really glad I did, because this stuff is addictive! I did have to make a few changes based on availability (and ability to fully open the recipe >:x ). I used Quaker Whole Hearts for the Cheerios, and pretzel twists instead of sticks (same taste, just different shapes). I couldn't locate any Bugles, so I used a mix of corn Chex and queso fundido flavored Cheez-It Zings (the Chex for a similar Bugles crunch, the Zings because they sounded good). I had mixed all the crunchies together last night, but DH wanted to watch a movie, so I bagged it and decided to coat and bake it today. When I went to check the recipe for seasoning amounts, I could only get the top half of the recipe to open, so I guessed 1 tsp of chili powder and 1/2 tsp garlic powder. AFTER I finished baking it, the recipe decided to fully load, and I noticed that I used double the seasoning. I think I will make all future batches with "screwed up" seasoning, because it was delicious! Thanks for posting this keeper, and sorry I had to sub so much (I'm now on a mission to find Bugles for when this batch is gone, lol)! Made for Sweet December Tag 2014
- 3 cups popped popcorn
- 3 cups Bugles original flavor snacks
- 2 cups pretzel sticks
- 1 cup Cheerios toasted oat cereal
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 garlic cloves, very finely chopped or 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 300ºF.
- Mix popcorn, snacks, pretzels and cereal in large bowl. Mix remaining ingredients; drizzle over popcorn mixture, tossing until evenly coated. Spread in ungreased jelly roll pan, 15 1/2x10 1/2X1 inch.
- Bake uncovered 15 minutes, stirring twice; cool. Store loosely covered at room temperature up to 2 weeks.
- Microwave Directions:
- Place butter, chili powder and garlic in 3-quart microwavable casserole or bowl. Microwave uncovered on High about 1 minute or until butter is melted; stir. Stir in popcorn, snacks, pretzels and cereal. Toss until well coated. Microwave uncovered 6 to 8 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes, until toasted; cool.