Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Warning: This is very addicitive!! I found this recipe at my in-laws house & thought it sounded good. I was right, it is now a Christmas tradition to make it. You can play around with the ingredients, omitting coconut, using a chocolate flavored cereal instead of the kix cereal. I have only used the vanilla flavored almond bark, but I'm sure that any flavor would be very good.
- 3 cups Rice Krispies
- 3 cups corn or 3 cups Rice Chex
- 3 cups peanut butter Captain Crunch cereal
- 3 cups Kix cereal
- 2 cups mixed nuts
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 (1 lb) packagevanilla flavored almond bark
- Melt almond bark in a double boiler.
- Mix all other ingredients in a large bowl.
- Pour melted almond bark over the cereal mixture, mix well to coat everything.
- Spread onto 2-3 cookie sheets/bar pans lined with wax paper.
- Let dry about 20 minutes.
- Break into pieces & store in air tight container.
Definitely addictive! I would shrink the recipe down next time. I used the biggest bowl I had and it still wasn't big enough (I used 3 cups of each cereal). I also ended up having to add more almond bark (I used candy melt that I flavored with vanilla...and when I added the vanilla it seized the melts on the first batch). In total, I used 16 oz 12 oz of candy melts, for a total of 28 oz. More wouldn't hurt, since some of the cereal pieces didn't get coated. Still addictive! I've grabbed 2 handfuls during this review! Thanks for the recipe! I could see this becoming a tradition around here!