Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a recipe I found online last year. The kids in my Sunday School class really loved them. They are delicious, easy to make, fun and look fab on a Holiday Cookie Tray. Yield is an estimate.
- Cream together the butter, peanut butter and both sugars.
- Beat in the eggs, salt and vanilla.
- Stir in the baking soda and flour, mixing well.
- Roll into balls. Flatten the balls and shape into triangles. Place on Cookie sheets, 2 inches apart.
- Place pretzels into the 2 top triangle corners for antlers. Place a red candy at the bottom corner for the nose and two green ones on the cookie for eyes.
- Bake at 375*F for about 10 to 15 minutes.
So easy and kids love them! I usually use a red gum drop for the nose so it sticks out a little farther.
Updated 2010...We made your cookies for our Christmas gifts again this year & this time I used another reviewer's suggestion of using a red gum drop as the nose. It looks so COOL!!! I am going to do this every year now.
Thank you MarieAlice. My kids helped make this for the family gift hampers for Christmas. They are so cute & taste really good too. My kids had a lot of fun decorating.
These are adorable cookies! So cute & enjoyed by everyone who saw them. I ended up rolling the dough into two logs. I then flattened the sides to form the triangle and sliced into cookies. It made shaping them a breeze. I thought the cookies themselves spread a bit too much after cooking and will chill the dough rolls next time. Thank you for sharing the recipe!