Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is great to make for holiday gifts. Cooking time is time for the chocolate to chill.
- 1 (6 ounce) box candy canes
- 2 (11 ounce) packages white chocolate chips
- green food coloring
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Remove wrappers from candy canes and coarsley chop. I put them in a baggie and hit them with a hammer.
- Melt white chocolate in a double boiler or microwave.
- Add enouh green food coloring to the melted white chocolate to reach a pale green color.
- Stir in 2/3 of the chopped candy canes.
- Pour into a 9 x 13 inch dish that has been lined with wax paper sprayed with a little Pam. Refrigerate until set.
- Melt the semi-sweet chocolate and spread over the white chocolate.
- Sprinkle on the remaining candy canes, pressing gently into the chocolate. Refrigerate until set.
- Break or cut into pieces.
This is a beautiful and delicious candy! I love adding it to candy dishes because it is so refreshing after a big meal or tons of sweet candy. I used 17 drops of food coloring and added an 1/8 tsp on peppermint extract. I am not a huge peppermint fan and this was the perfect amount. I also put crushed candy canes in a strainer and shook out most of the dust! Used a 15x10x1 pan. Thanks I will forever use this recipe.
Very good candy and easy to make.
Wonderful and easy! Looks great and tastes even better. i didn't add crushed candy canes to the top though, I forgot to reserve some and didn't feel like smashing anymore