Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is great to make for holiday gifts. Cooking time is time for the chocolate to chill.
Make and share this Reindeer Bark recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (6 ounce) box candy canes
- 2 (11 ounce) packages white chocolate chips
- green food coloring
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Remove wrappers from candy canes and coarsley chop. I put them in a baggie and hit them with a hammer.
- Melt white chocolate in a double boiler or microwave.
- Add enouh green food coloring to the melted white chocolate to reach a pale green color.
- Stir in 2/3 of the chopped candy canes.
- Pour into a 9 x 13 inch dish that has been lined with wax paper sprayed with a little Pam. Refrigerate until set.
- Melt the semi-sweet chocolate and spread over the white chocolate.
- Sprinkle on the remaining candy canes, pressing gently into the chocolate. Refrigerate until set.
- Break or cut into pieces.
This is a beautiful and delicious candy! I love adding it to candy dishes because it is so refreshing after a big meal or tons of sweet candy. I used 17 drops of food coloring and added an 1/8 tsp on peppermint extract. I am not a huge peppermint fan and this was the perfect amount. I also put crushed candy canes in a strainer and shook out most of the dust! Used a 15x10x1 pan. Thanks I will forever use this recipe.
Very good candy and easy to make.
Wonderful and easy! Looks great and tastes even better. i didn't add crushed candy canes to the top though, I forgot to reserve some and didn't feel like smashing anymore