Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love this icing with the White Cake recipe that I posted. This is not a thick icing like those you buy. This also came from my sister-in-law. We use this for lots of different baked goods that require icing.
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon milk, add more to desired consistancy
- 1 dash salt (may substitute or omit)
- 1⁄4 cup butter (for the Buttercream Icing you would add the butter to the recipe)
- Mix powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Add milk teaspoon by teaspoon until desired consistency.
- Dash salt.
- Note: Do NOT pour in the milk.
- Trust me.
- Do this as instructed, or you will have to keep adding sugar until you get a good consistency, and then you will end up with enough icing to cover surplus amout of cakes!
- (If you are icing everything in your home, then go right ahead).
I liked this icing b/c it didn't call for shortening. It was a good buttercream icing. I doubled the batch to icing 2 layer cake and it just made it!
I have been trying to find a white or buttercream icing that is not super sweet. This is what I have been looking for! AMAZING!
I think you are so funny! Thanks for the laugh. I chose to go the route of icing everything in my home! LOL! J/K!!! Still giggling over here!