Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
A great old fashioned sugar cookie. The sour cream gives this a nice flavor. You can drizzle with melted chocolate or with a glaze.
- 3 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 egg, large
- 1 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350. grease 2 cookie sheets or use parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking soda, baking powderand salt.
- In a large bowl cream butter and sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla and eggs.Mix it. Srape down the sides of the bowl and mix again. Add sour cream and mix until it is combined.
- Add flour mixture and mix until it is combined.
- Drop cookies on to prepared cookie sheet 3 inches apart (they do spread).
- Bake for 15 minutes or until light brown.Cool them on cookie sheet for 5 minutes and transfer to a wire rack.
Yum! A lovely simple sugar cookie. Great texture, perfectly done when they were light brown. Would be nice with some colored sugar or a simple vanilla or almond glaze, but we enjoyed them very much as is. Thanks for sharing the recipe!