Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is one of those cakes that people request (beg) my mom to make for any reason they can come up with.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup oil
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 cups bananas, diced
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1 cup nuts, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (1 lb) box powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened (1 stick)
- Combine dry ingredients in large bowl; stir in eggs, oil, pineapple, bananas, 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, and nuts.
- Pour into greased and floured 13x9x2 inch cake pan; bake at 350 for 40 minutes or until wooden tooth pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cream together cream cheese and butter : add powdered sugar beating until smooth. Stir in remaining 1teaspoon vanilla. Spread on cooled cake.
- NOTE: Cake becomes more moist 3 or 4 days after it'sbaked-so always make it ahead.