Entered for safe-keeping, from Reggie Dwork (EAT-LF digest 10/25/1999)
Make and share this Reggie's Special Mashed Potatoes - Light recipe from Food.com.
- Cut and rinse the potatoes (skin may be left on). Boil them in enough salted water until they are fork tender (time depends on size of dice or cubes).
- Saute the shallot in the olive oil for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic to the shallot, and saute for 2 minutes until lightly browned.
- Add in the rosemary. Saute for 30 seconds.
- Drain potatoes and return to same pot to keep warm while you mash them.
- Add in enough margarine and milk to make the potatoes to your favorite consistency.
- Add the shallot mixture, and mix well.
Hubby loved this...I did end up adding a touch more milk...but for the rest of the recipe it was spot on...loved the slight taste of rosemary...all the ingredients worked well together...I cut the recipe in half and ended up with what I thought could serve 3...so there's leftovers for the hubby...thanks for posting the recipe..=)