3 hrs 10 mins
From the Sun Sentinel. Reggie and Cindy own a farm and this is what the recipe says: This is country cooking at its best featuring local ingredients simply served. I like to offer this dish at room temperature. Cindy occasionally puts chopped black olives in the pie. 2 hours "marination" required before baking or you can marinate overnight.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1To peel tomatoes, Put up a pot of water to boil. Set up a bowl of ice water, large enough to hold the tomatoes too.
- 2Remove the cores from the tomatoes and score the bottom of each with a paring knife.
- 3Plunge them into the boiling water for 20 seconds to loosen skins.
- 4Remove tomatoes from water with a slotted spoon and place in the bowl of ice water to stop the cooking.
- 5Peel the skins off and cut tomatoes into 1/2 inch thick slices and place on a platter.
- 6Sprinkle with garlic, basil leaves and onion over the top of the tomatoes.
- 7Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 8Cover loosely with plastic wrap and leave out at room temperature for at least 2 hours (or refrigerate overnight).
- 9Preheat oven to 450°F.
- 10Fill pie shell with half of the cheese.
- 11Place tomato mixture over the cheese and cover with remaining cheese.
- 12Bake, uncovered, in the center of the oven, for 30-40 minutes until golden brown and shell is cooked through.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Reggie and Cindy's Fresh Tomato Pie
Serving Size: 1 (167 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 372.2
- Calories from Fat 249
- Total Fat 27.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 29.4 mg
- Sodium 397.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 11.7 g