1/20 Photos of Reggae Wraps
Mama's Kitchen (Hope)'s Note:
This juicy chicken and tangy cream sauce are wonderful for lunch or supper. On the go? These are great warm or cold and make great lunch, picnic or beach fare! They are very portable when wrapped in foil. Perfect with fresh island fruit and a cold tropical drink! RSC#8 3rd place
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast
- olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground paprika
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated or 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pinch cayenne (optional)
- 1 bell pepper, any color, seeded and sliced in strips
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced
- 4 flat bread
Cilantro Cream Sauce
- 1Mix sauce ingredients together and refrigerate.
- 2In a non stick skillet over moderate heat warm each flat bread on both sides until warm and soft. Remove from pan, cover with foil and place under a kitchen towel to keep warm.
- 3Pound chicken breasts a little to flatten and create a more uniform thickness.
- 4Mix ginger, paprika and garlic powder together, adding salt, pepper and cayenne to taste. Drizzle a little olive oil on the breasts and rub with the spice mixture. If you like spicier food feel free to increase the amounts of seasonings to meet your taste.
- 5Grill whole chicken breast over medium heat until juices run clear and then slice into strips.
- 6~OR~ slice each breast into strips and saute until browned and thoroughly cooked. Add a little oil if needed to prevent sticking. Remove chicken from pan or push to the sides, away from hottest part of pan.
- 7Add onions and bell peppers to pan and cook just until crisp tender or cooked to your liking.
- 8To serve:.
- 9Spread cream sauce on a warm flat bread. Add chicken strips, peppers, onions and tomato.
- 10Top with additional cream sauce, more salt, pepper or spices IF DESIRED. A squirt of fresh lime is also very tasty and refreshing. Customize it to your liking.
- 11Fold in half like a taco or roll up like a burrito or a wrap.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Reggae Wraps
Serving Size: 1 (239 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 278.7
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 87.5 mg
- Sodium 99.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 25.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: