Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
A little different sloppy joe, with just a little spice to it. Can be made as-is, or eliminate the crescent rolls and just slap it into a bun.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 12 ounces chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons steak sauce, tabasco carribean
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 (8 ounce) packages refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- Cook beef, onions, peppers, garlic and spices in oil until meat is browned.
- Add chili sauce, tabasco sauce, and red wine vinegar.
- Simmer 15-20 minutes.
- Line a greased 9x13 pan with 1 pkg crescent rolls.
- Spread beef mixture over this layer.
- Place 2nd layer of crescent rolls over cheese making sure dough touches edge of pan & press seams of dough together.
- Bake at 375F until crescent rolls are browned (about 15 minutes).