Recipe by Brookelynne26
This recipe comes from Cook What You Love
Top Review by Montana Heart Song
This is a winner! It is easy and wonderful. I used the "new" packets on the market "Simply Lime" and instead of Guava Jelly I used my homemade red current jelly. I am going to freeze some of the medallions for another meal and see if they are still moist after freezing. It is very difficult to obtain "dark rum" I still have some from a visit to Puerto Rico but I am sure you could use regular rum also. Thanks for posting.
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup plus 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 1⁄4 cup pineapple juice
- 1 1⁄4 lbs pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut in 1/2 inch slices
- 8 ounces guava jelly
- kosher salt and black pepper
- olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk the lime juice, 1/4 cup rum, and pineapple juice together. Add pork and marinate for 1 hour. While pork is marinating, warm the jelly and remaining rum together in a small saucepan. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Remove pork from marinade and pat dry. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Warm oil in a large saute pan, use just enough to cover the bottom of the pan. Cook pork for 3 minutes on each side, or until cooked through and lightly browned.
- Drizzle pork with jelly mixture and serve.