This recipe comes from the book "Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder" by Joanne Fluke. I read the book while on vacation this summer. I want to send the book to my partner in the Used Media Swap, I am saving the recipe here so I can try it later. If you try this recipe before me, please leave a review & let me know how it tastes. By the way, the book was quite fun to read. Another note: I guessed on the serving sizes & will amend once I use this recipe. It just looks too good not to share. Prep time does not include refrigeration time.
- Do not preheat oven yet, dough must chill before baking.
- Melt butter and mix in sugar.
- Let mixture cool.
- Add egg (s).
- Add soda, molasses, salt and ginger.
- Stir thoroughly.
- Add flour and mix inches.
- Chill the dough for at least 1 hour (overnight is even better).
- Once dough has chilled, preheat oven to 375 degrees, rack in middle position.
- Roll dough into walnut-sized balls,.
- Roll dough in white sugar (just dump them in the bowl with the sugar and shake the bowl to gently coat them.).
- Place cookie balls on greased cookie sheets, 12 to a standard sheet.
- Flatten them with a spatula.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until nicely browned.
- Cool on cookie sheets for no more than 1 minute.
- Remove to wire rack to finish cooling. (If you leave these on the cookie sheets for too long, they will stick.