This recipe is from an upscale restaurant in Knoxville, TN. It can be used as a side dish or a dip. There is a note in the recipe that if you wish to have a thin dip to only use one box of spinich but if you wish it thick and chunky to use what is called for in the recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 (10 ounce) boxes frozen spinach
- 1 quart heavy whipping cream
- 4 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1/2 cup onion (minced)
- 1 1/8 teaspoons garlic-flavored oil
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1/8 cup instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1 1/8 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 1/2 cups parmesan cheese
- 1Thaw and drain spinach using paper towels to absorb any remaining liquid.
- 2Place dry spinach in large casserole dish and set aside.
- 3Heat (do not boil) cream in saucepan over low-medium heat; set aside.
- 4Melt butter in large pot over medium high heat; add onion and garlic oil and saute until tender.
- 5Add hot water, chicken base, tabasco, salt and sour cream. Whisk until well blended. Bring to a boil and stir in hot cream.
- 6Place cornstarch in small bowl. Add water and stir to dissolve cornstarch.
- 7Whisking continuously, add cornstarch mixture to boiling sauce. As sauce thickens, continue whisking to remove any lumps. Sauce should be smooth and thick.
- 8Add parmesan cheese and whisk to remove lumps.
- 9Add hot sauce to spinach and stir to blend. Serve.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Regas' Creamed Spinach
Serving Size: 1 (2931 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3479.5
- Calories from Fat 2865
- Total Fat 318.4 g
- Saturated Fat 192.7 g
- Cholesterol 1081.2 mg
- Sodium 9682.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 94.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 25.3 g
- Sugars 11.9 g
- Protein 87.1 g