Recipe by andypandy
High, light, fluffy, delicious company cheesecake. My favourite, always a great success..
Top Review by Gerry
This is a wonderful Cheesecake! It made for a lovely dessert, with raves all around, definitely in my favorites cookbook. We are expecting a busy summer and this cheesecake is going to make for a great addition to the dessert table. I didn't have the zwiback crackers so went with Andypany's Sweet Shortcrust Pastry recipe#90981 which made for an excellent base. Thank you Andy for another of your terrific desserts. Oct 7 - corrected to make the Shortcrust 'clickable' - so a repeatable, guests enjoy - a wonderful dessert for those special occasions.
- 1 (6 ounce) package Zwieback toast
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 whole eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 lemon zest, grated fine
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 16 ounces dairy fresh sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 egg whites, stiffly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 10 strawberries
- 1⁄3 cup red currant jelly, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Crust: In a bowl crush the zwieback crackers, add melted butter and sugar.
- Press into a nine inch spring form pan and 1 1/2 inches up the sides.
- Set aside.
- Filling: In a large bowl beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add one cup sugar and beat until fluffy.
- Add two whole eggs beat well.
- Add the three egg yolks, and continue to beat well.
- Stir in the sour cream, lemon juice, lemon zest, and vanilla, blending well.
- Whip egg whites to soft peaks adding the last 1/4 cup sugar, beating to stiff but not dry.
- Fold in the stiffly beaten egg whites, blending well.
- Turn filling into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F.
- or until set about 50- 60 minutes.
- Remove from oven onto wire rack.
- Loosen around edges only with a spatula knife.
- Cool completely on rack in pan.
- Cover and refrigerate overnite or several hours.
- One hour before serving, slice strawberries in half and arrange onto top of cheesecake.
- Heat the jelly and glaze each berry and top to the edges.
- Cut into 16 slices to serve.