Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Southern Living Comfort Foods Cookbook P. 272
Make and share this Refrigerator Yeast Rolls recipe from Food.com.
- Stir together yeast and warm water in a medium bowl; let stand 5 minutes.
- Stir together flour, sugar, and salt in a large bowl.
- Cut shortening into flour mixture with a pastry blender until crumbly; stir in yeast mixture and eggs just until blended. (Do not overmix.).
- Cover and chill 8 hours.
- Roll dought to 1/4-inch thickness on a well-floured surface (dough will be soft); cut with a 2 1/2-inch round cutter.
- Brush rolls with melted butter. Make a crease across each round with the dull edge of a knife, and fold in half; gently press edges to seal.
- Place rolls in a greased 15 x 10 inch jelly-roll pan with sides touching or in 2 (9 inch) square pans.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place (85 degrees), free from drafts, 45 minutes or until doubled in bulk.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 14 minutes or until golden.