These are a classic sugar cookie! Just simply delicious!! I have rolled out the dough and used cookie cutters and also made logs out of the dough.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat butter in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until smooth.
- 2Add sugar; beat until well blended.
- 3Add egg and vanilla; beat until well blended.
- 4Combine flour, baking powder and nutmeg in medium bowl.
- 5Add flour mixture and milk alternately to butter mixture, beating at low speed after each addition until well blended.
- 6Shape dough into 2 logs, each about 6 inches long.
- 7Wrap each roll in plastic wrap.
- 8Refrigerate 2 to 3 hours or overnight.
- 9Preheat oven to 350, grease cookie sheets.
- 10Cut logs into 1/4 inch thick slices; place 1 inch apart on cookie sheets.
- 11Keep unbaked logs and sliced cookies chilled until ready to bake.
- 12Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- 13Transfer to wire racks and decorate.
- 14Store in airtight container.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Refrigerator Sugar Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (801 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 71.6
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 14.2 mg
- Sodium 51.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 0.7 g