Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
unbaked cheesecake...make a short crust or cookie crust.
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1 3⁄4 cups vanilla wafers, crushed
- 8 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2⁄3 cup plain yogurt
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs, seperated
- 1 medium orange, zest of
- 1 medium orange, juice of
- 2 pints cleaned fresh strawberries
- 5 teaspoons unflavored gelatin (1 tbsp. plus 2 tsp.)
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 2⁄3 cup whipping cream, whipped
- Grease a 9 inch spring form pan.
- Melt butter and stir in crushed cookie crumbs.
- Mix well, press onto bottom of pan.
- Beat ricotta cheese, yogurt, sour cream and the egg yolks, combining well, add the orange peel, and orange juice.
- Combine all well until smooth.
- Save a few berries to serve on the side or to decorate with.
- Take berries in a blender or food processor and puree.
- Stir all the strawberry puree into the cheese mixture.
- Combine the gelatin with the water.
- Place it into a saucepan and simmer until the gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Remove, cool slightly, and stir, fold into the strawberry cheese mixture.
- Beat your egg whites with the sugar until softpeaks.
- Fold into the cheese mixture.
- Spoon into crust.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or until set.
- Garnish with the whipped cream, and strawberries that you set aside.