Prep 4 hrs
Cook 10 mins
Best bread recipe, from the kitchen of Tanya Pfluger
- 2 cups lukewarm water
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package dry yeast
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 6 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons salt
- Allow yeast to dissolve in water.
- Add sugar and melted shortening.
- Add eggs.
- Gradually add sifted ingredients.
- Let mixture rise at room temperature for 3 hours or 1/2 day.
- Use a lightly floured dough board to work the roll batter into dough. It is now ready to make into rolls or store in the refrigerator until needed. Cover with waxed paper and keep punched down from time to time.
- When making rolls, allow about an hour for them to rise.
- Bake at 350 until golden brown.