Recipe by *That Girl*
These potatoes are delicious. I think they are great when for Thanksgiving when there are so many other things that need to be done in the kitchen you really don't need the added burden of mashing potatoes. These may be made up to 1 week ahead! Note: Prep time includes cook time for boiling potatoes
Top Review by Viclynn
OK - I wanted to make mashed potatoes ahead for Thanksgiving, so tried these a few weeks ago. Delicious. I also froze some to try them out. Reheated in the microwave, stirred well, and could not believe how good. So....I cooked 30 POUNDS of potatoes, mixed in several batches, and froze them in Ziploc bags. I laid them flat in the freezer, and marked them. Sure enough, on Thanksgiving, my son said, "These are the best mashed potatoes you have ever made", so I handed him a couple of bags to take home to enjoy! A Thanksgiving regular recipe in my house now. Thanks for sharing.
- 5 lbs russet potatoes
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons onion salt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and cook potatoes.
- Drain well and mash until smooth.
- Add cream cheese, sour cream, seasonings and butter.
- Beat with hand mixer until smooth and fluffy.
- Place in lightly greased casserole dish.
- Dot with more butter.
- Refrigerate until ready to bake.
- Bake at 350 until heated through (about 30-45 min.).