Recipe by Whisper
This is a yummy dessert. It's very refreshing, great for a hot summer night. You'll have people asking for the recipe when you serve it to family or friends.
Top Review by Rita~
Even though the ingredient amounts must be wrong I`m giving it 5 stars! As stated- 1 (2.00 ounces) package instant pistachio pudding mix 3 cups milk What I used- 2 boxes of 3.4 ounces of instant pudding mix 3 cups milk I used the 2 boxes becuase I poured the 3 cups of milk and found that no way it would be thick enough.so I added another box of pudding. The crust is just fabulous as well as the cheese filling. Then topped with the pisachio pudding just yum! I skipped the remaing whipped topping.It really doesn`t need it! I had my slice and my DH is taken the rest to work.I`m also doing an edit for this recipe!
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pistachios
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) carton frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 (3 3/4 ounce) packages instant pistachio pudding mix
- 3 cups milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 9" x 13" pan.
- In small bowl, combine flour and margarine until crumbly.
- Stir in pistachios; pat into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18 to 22 minutes or until light golden brown; cool.
- In small bowl, combine cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Fold in 1/2 carton of whipped topping; spread over cooled crust.
- In large bowl, beat pudding mix and milk at medium speed until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Pour mixture carefully over cheese layer.
- Spread with remaining whipped topping.
- Refrigerate several hours or overnight.