Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
These easy pickles are so good. They keep very well. Every summer we make enough of these to last the year.
- 3 large onions
- 4 cups sugar
- 4 cups cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons celery seeds
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1⁄3 cup salt, table salt is fine
- Slice and layer cucumbers and onion in a gallon jar.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a large pan and bring to a boil.
- Carefully pour over cucumbers and onions.
- Keep in fridge.
I love this recipe. I often put it in smaller jars and add red and yellow pepper for some color when I bring these to family get togethers...:)
So easy and the pickles are great. This is a wonderful recipe for those of us with gardens who now and then have an overly abundant harvest.
I had a recipe similar to this but lost it years ago. I was so happy to discover it here. Thank you for posting it. These pickles are wonderful. Yum yum.