Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Today I made these and they are very good. I didn't have exactly four cups of wafers so I added chocolate oreo crumbs to make up the difference. My posted photo is a bit blurry and after many snaps I finally ate the whole project. The 3/4 peppermint is just the right amount too.
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup miniature marshmallow
- 4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup confectioners powdered sugar
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 3⁄4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- In a large bowl combine the nuts, mallows, graham crumbs and sugar. Toss well.
- In a saucepot place evaporated milk with the chocolate pieces and melt stirring until smooth over low heat.
- Remove from heat and add the flavouring.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of the melted chocolate for the frosting.
- Stir the remaining chocolate into the dry ingredients and combine well.
- Press into a well buttered brownie pan 7 x 11 inch pan or a 9 inch pan.
- Pour remaining chocolate over the top and smooth out.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Cut into 16 two inch pieces.
Am I really the first to tell how good this is? I was looking for an easy no-bake recipe to use up my graham cracker crums AND mini-marshmallows. This fit the bill. And the taste is wonderful.