Prep 3 hrs
Cook 0 mins
A purchased crust makes this easy but you may use your favorite homemade recipe, see note on the bottom for my Oreo cookie crust recipe, plan ahead this must chill for a minumum of 3 hours before serving, prep time includes chilling time, it does not include making the crust
- 1 (9 inch) chocolate crumb crusts (or use a graham cracker crust)
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen limeade concentrate
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 (8 ounce) containercool whip frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 3 -4 drops green food coloring
- Cool Whip (use any amount desired) or whipped cream, for top (use any amount desired)
- lime slice, halves (optional)
- In a large bowl combine limeade concentrate, sweetened condensed milk and lime zest together.
- Add in the dry pudding mix.
- Let sit on the counter for about 5 minutes.
- Fold in thawed Cool Whip until completely combined then mix in the food colouring.
- Pour into prepared pie crust.
- Cover the top of the pie with plastic wrap and chill for a minumum of 3 or more hours.
- Before serving dollup with Cool Whip or whipped cream and garlich with lime slices if desired.
- *NOTE* for my Oreo cookie crust recipe --.
- Process 14 regular size Oreo cookies in a processor until finely crushed (the cookies MUST be crushed fine).
- Place the crumbs into a bowl and add in 1/4 cup melted butter or margaine mix well.
- Pat into the pie plate; chill while making the rest of the recipe.
- This amount is enough crumbs for a 9-inch pie crust.
this deserves more than 5 stars it's so delicious I used a graham crust but next time I'll use the chocolate although it just couldn't be any better, so so delicious, thank you Queen of Zaar!