1/2 Photos of Refrigerator Jam
1 hr 5 mins
Found this little gem in an old Woman's Day magazine I had laying around the house. You choose the fruit; strawberries, peaches, blueberries, plums, or whatever other combination you can come up with. 4 pounds of fruit makes about seven half-pints. This isn't exactly a speedy process and requires a lot of stirring so grab a good cookbook to read!
My Private Note
- 1Wash fruit and discard any skin (from peaches or the like).
- 2Cut fruit into pieces no larger than 1 inch each.
- 3In a large heavy-duty saucepan add the sugar and stir over medium heat while the sugar melts and the fruit softens.
- 4Cook, stirring constantly until the jam thickens. this may take an hour or more. Cool, then spoon into very clean jars, cover with clean lids and refrigerate up to 3 weeks.
Browse Our Top 5 Ingredients Or Less Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All 5 Ingredients Or Less Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Refrigerator Jam
Serving Size: 1 (800 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 442.2
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 114.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 114.1 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: