Recipe by Wineaux
Somebody gave my mom this recipe back in the 1950's, I believe. She made it every Christmas and everyone we knew loved it because it didn't have that "weird stuff" in it. Now, when I make it, I mold it in those small loaf pans and I get the same reaction! Hope you enjoy it as much as we always have!! Cooking time is refrigeration time. We use red and green cherries and yellow (or natural) pineapple
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk (Carnation or Pet)
- 16 ounces marshmallows
- 2 cups candied cherries, halved
- 4 slices candied pineapple, diced
- 3 cups pecans, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) box fig-filled cookies, chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) box dates, chopped
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (16 ounce) box graham crackers, finely crushed
- 1 (16 ounce) box dark raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat milk and marshmallows to boiling point. Stir.
- In a large bowl, mix well the cherries, pineapple, pecans, fig newtons, dates, spices, graham cracker crumbs and raisins.
- Pour hot milk and marshmallows into dry ingredients. Mix well and pack into containers.
- Let stand in refrigerator for 3 days before turning out.
- Unmolding is easier if you line container(s) with waxed paper.