Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A cheap effective cleaner.
Make and share this Refrigerator Freshener Spray recipe from Food.com.
- Place the hot water into a spray bottle then add the ingredients and mix well.
- Spray a light mist inside the refrigerator the next time you clean it out.
- The spray can remain on the walls and shelves.
- Allow the mixture to dry for a few minutes.
- This spray freshener can be used anywhere you need a freshener.
This is a great freshener, and very similar to what I do to keep my microwave clean and fresh. I use the same ingredients, but bring it all to a boil in a large microwave safe bowl or measuring cup and let stand in the closed microwave for 5-10 minutes. It softens all the crusty things, and leaves it smelling fresh. Thanks for posting!
Nice extra touch to a good fridge cleaning. I'm not able to smell the lemon, but I know that its know for its antibacterial properties and I'm hoping it's doing "its thing" in there by keeping the icky stuff from doing "its thing". Thanks for sharing the recipe.
Nice freshener that left my fridge smelling very clean. I also used it on my wooden cutting board to freshen that up and then wiped down with a clean dry towel. Also want to give it a try in my microwave like Chef Lizzie has mentioned in her review. Will use this often! Made and reviewed for Zaar Cookbook Tag.