Recipe by mandabears
This is a welcome to Florida recipe from one of my new neighbors. She brought us a jar of the pickles and kindly included her easy to make recipe. Cook time is refrigerator time.
Top Review by karky
Love this recipe. Substituted sugar free bread and butter pickles so I left out the sugar. Turned out great, family likes them spicy so added a jar of hot banana peppers too. Make these all the time, there's a jar in the fridge at all times. A big hit at work too!
- 32 ounces whole dill pickles
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce, can adjust to your own taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain pickles, but save the juice.
- Cut pickles into 1/4 inch slices.
- In a large bowl mix pickle slices with all other ingredients.
- Stir well.
- Cover bowl and let stand for 2 hours.
- Stir occasionally.
- Spoon pickle mixture back into original jar.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 week before eating.