Prep 24 hrs
Cook 0 mins
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 5 egg yolks
- 1⁄4 cup brandy
- 1 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1 angel food cake (loaf size oor small round)
- 1⁄2 pint whipping cream, whipped and sweetened
- Cream butter and sugar, then beat egg yolks one at a time.
- Blend well.
- Stir in brandy and almonds.
- Cut the angel food cake into 5 horizonal slices.
- With the extra butter, butter a plate.
- Place a layer of cake and cover top generously with filling mixture,then repeat until all layers are in place.
- Don't put filling on top layer.
- Refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Just before serving the cake, fort the cake with the whipped cream.