Recipe by Bonnie / Shortie Rishling
I got this recipe from a friend, who got it from a friend, who got it from a friend,... you get the picture. I like these pickles because they are so easy and very good. You can leave out the peppers if you don't like the "bite". They keep a long time, I've had mine in the extra fridge since last year and I'm just finishing them up. They do have to be stored in the fridge, though. Hope you like them!!
- 1 gallon cucumber, cut into chunks
- 2 red onions, sliced
- 4 jalapeno peppers, seeded & sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons dill weed or 1 -2 head fresh dill
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup pickling salt
- 4 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Pack the vegetables into a gallon jar in layers with the dill and garlic scattered throughout.
- Bring the brine ingredients to a boil and then pour over the vegetables in the jar.
- Let stand at room temperature till cool, then refrigerate for 48 hours.
- Then eat.