After my parents passed away I found some old church cook books and this came from one of them. It is easy and delicious
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut cucumbers into spears and layer with onion, garlic, which has been seperated into cloves, and fresh dill to fill ice cream bucket.
- 2Bring to boil 2 quarts of water and 1/2 cup pickling salt.
- 3Cool this brine.
- 4Then add 1 quart of vinegar and 1 tsp alum.
- 5Pour over cucumbers. Cover and refrigerate. They will keep for months in the refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Refrigerator Dill Spears
Serving Size: 1 (505 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 67.0
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3548.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 2.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: