Recipe by Mysterygirl
I found this recipe on a website for diabetics, but don't tell anyone and they'll love it when they try it. It is my favorite cookie recipe with sugar or without. At first the nutritionals seemed way off but discovered there were some errors in the quantities. I'm correcting those so the nutritional info should be correct.
Top Review by Jan Marie
These were absolutely delicious! Not too sweet, which I like, and very flavorful. I will definitely make this again and again. Can you clarify the difference in the calories you state (95) and what recipe zaar states (244)?
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 dash salt
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup dates, unsugared, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup coconut, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup pecans or 1⁄4 walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter, egg and vanilla until mixed and fluffy.
- Beat in dry ingredients gradually mixing well after each addition.
- Mix in dates, coconut and 1/2 cup of the nuts.
- Form dough into two 1-1/2 inch logs.
- roll logs into remaining nuts (1/4 cup each).
- Wrap in waxed paper and chill (or freeze) until firm enough to slice.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Slice cookies 1/4-inch thick and place on a nonstick cookie sheet.
- bake 10-12 minutes until light golden brown.
- cool on wire racks.
- 2 cookies = 1 fat, 1/2 fruit, 1/4 bread, 95 calories.