Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Taste this tangy slaw minus mayo !! Great for outdoor feasts !
- 1 head cabbage, shredded
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, grated
- 3⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- Toss the cabbage, onion and carrots together in a large bowl.
- Boil the remaining ingredients together and pour over the vegetables.
- Toss just once and let sit at room temperature 1 and 1/2 hours.
- Toss salad once more, cover, and store in the refrigerator overnight before serving.
Really good. Great to take for covered dish instead of one with mayo. Friends really liked this version and it is great to add tomatoes to it.
Yep, just like Mom's. Make sure to add the 1 tbsp celery seed and dry mustard? didn't know about that, but will try. Also add a tad of pepper.
This was great just like a resturant here in the area makes it. I did use less vinegar and less sugar and only 2 T. oil like the other review said.