1/4 Photos of Refrigerator Coffee Cake
This is a well used and enjoyed recipe in our household. It is prepared the night before and easily prepared for a morning brunch or with mid morning coffee when you have overnight guests. They will be ever so impressed!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup margarine or 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon (original recipe calls for nutmeg)
- 1/2 cup milk
In a small bowl
- 1Combine and mix the topping ingredients with a fork and set aside.
- 2Grease a 8x8 pan.
- 3Cream the shortening of choice, sugar and egg together until fluffy.
- 4Add dry ingredients alternately with the milk.
- 5Turn batter into prepared pan and sprinkle with spicy topping.
- 6Cover and place in refrigerator overnight.
- 7Next morning bake in a 375 degree oven for 30-35 minutes.
- 8VARIATION: UPSIDE-DOWN COFFEE CAKE.
- 9Grease a 8x8 pan.
- 10Add 1/4 cup corn syrup to the spicy topping mixture.
- 11Spread evenly in the bottom of the pan and cover with Refrigerator Coffee Cake batter.
- 12Place in fridge overnight.
- 13Bake as for Refrigerator Coffee Cake.
- 14Turn up-side down immediately.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Refrigerator Coffee Cake
Serving Size: 1 (72 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 320.3
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 32.3 mg
- Sodium 390.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 21.8 g
- Protein 5.7 g