Recipe by PaulaG
This recipe was given to me by my Aunt Liz. It is moist and delicious and so easy to make.
Top Review by Linky
I used chocolate cake because that way it reminded me of a Mounds bar! Enjoyed by my group of ladies. I thought there was too much syrup and even though I cut it down (1 cup sugar, 1 cup 1% milk), but tasted good anyway! made for Culinary Quest 2014
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar (Can use 1/2 sugar and 1/2 Splenda to reduce the carbs.)
- 1 cup milk (Low-fat is fine.)
- 1 teaspoon coconut flavoring
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- coconut, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly spray a 13x9 inch pan with cooking spray, flour lightly and set aside.
- Prepare the cake mix using the water, oil and eggs as directed on package directions.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 35 minutes or as directed on package.
- Test cake by inserting cake tester off center, when it comes out clean cake is done.
- Bring the sugar (or sugar/Splenda mixture) and milk to a boil over medium heat; stir in coconut flavoring and remove from heat.
- With a wooden spoon handle and while cake is hot, poke holes in top of cake, pour the syrup over, allow to cool to room temperature.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
- At serving time spread with cool whip and sprinkle with lightly toasted coconut.