Recipe by grandma2969
this came from an Amish cookbook..Edna Miller from Holmes County Ohio....these are wonderful...keep in refrigerator for up to 10 days..just pinch off what you need to make for hot fresh rolls at your meal.. this recipe can easily be halved..
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 2 1⁄2 cups warm water
- 7 -8 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 (1 ounce) packages instant yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat together eggs, sugar, margarine and salt.
- add yeast which has been dissolved in the warm water.
- add 4 cups of flour(bread).
- Beat till mixed well.
- stir in remaining flour.
- this will be a soft dough.
- cover tightly, store in refrigerator overnight.or until needed.
- punch dough down daily.
- will keep for a week to ten days.
- to have for your meal -- take out what you need in the morning -- form into small buns in greased cupcake tins -- or other pans --
- let rise, then pop in the oven and bake at 350* for 10-12 minutes or done --
- Brush tops of baked rolls with a little melted butter is desired.
- not sure on the quantity -- so I am guessing about 6 dozen -- .