13 hrs 20 mins
This recipe was given to my grandmother by her dietitian. They are a very moist and tasty way to get your daily servings of bran. The recipe makes one gallon of batter that you keep covered in your fridge for up to 6 weeks so you can make fresh bran muffins daily or weekly with zero effort. Prep time includes 12 hour chill time. This recipe will make roughly 6 batches of 12 muffins, give or take depending on the size of your muffin pan. Note: I store my batter in a rubbermaid gallon pitcher with a pour top for ease of use.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Take first two cups of bran and mix with the boiling water, allow to sit.
- 2In a separate bowl combine buttermilk, oil, eggs. Wisk until blended.
- 3Add in remaining ingredients to wet mix, stir to mix.
- 4Stir in the soaked bran from step 1.
- 5Cover and allow to chill in the fridge for 12 hours.
- 6Pour into lined muffin tin, Bake at 375 for 20 minutes.
- 7Keep remaining batter covered in fridge for use following same bake times for all batches.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Refrigerator Bran Raisin Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (48 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 72
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 120.4
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 12.2 mg
- Sodium 284.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 10.6 g
- Protein 2.5 g