Prep 13 hrs
Cook 20 mins
This recipe was given to my grandmother by her dietitian. They are a very moist and tasty way to get your daily servings of bran. The recipe makes one gallon of batter that you keep covered in your fridge for up to 6 weeks so you can make fresh bran muffins daily or weekly with zero effort. Prep time includes 12 hour chill time. This recipe will make roughly 6 batches of 12 muffins, give or take depending on the size of your muffin pan. Note: I store my batter in a rubbermaid gallon pitcher with a pour top for ease of use.
- Take first two cups of bran and mix with the boiling water, allow to sit.
- In a separate bowl combine buttermilk, oil, eggs. Wisk until blended.
- Add in remaining ingredients to wet mix, stir to mix.
- Stir in the soaked bran from step 1.
- Cover and allow to chill in the fridge for 12 hours.
- Pour into lined muffin tin, Bake at 375 for 20 minutes.
- Keep remaining batter covered in fridge for use following same bake times for all batches.